What I learnt in Conquering Humorous & TT Contests
This inter-active Workshop, was created to motivate us to participate in the upcoming competitin.
Create More Humor by Crushing Expectations" - Stefano Cossalter
1. Crush Expectations -
2. Story - He talked about his grandma. He started imitating her, how she would call and criticize him which got a good laugh from the audience
3. Use people in the audience for jokes: ask the person before you poke fun at them. Also use somebody well known - because it is unexpected
4. Self deprecating humor: Gave an example of how he only smokes pot.
5. Expectation and Reality: make it real (not sure if i got the meaning of this point right)
6. Put your self in a situation which is bad and let it get worse and even worse and it will get even more hilarious.
Practice 1000 times
Time your speech when practicing
Cut it down; make your speech short
Crafting your winning humorous speech & understanding the judges guide & ballot" - Darren Frew, DTM
1. Follow the judging criteria when preparing a speech
2. Start with something funny to you - Toughest audience is your club -they know you
3. Dont do weird things. You can be funny by having a balance between
Personal story < -> Misconception Cliche
4. Use props if necessary -> One contestant can with a bag pack to describe their humor
5. Share your personal views. Its your personal story