Case Study 'Wpcurve' - Does your blog have these 5 key elements?
Their other mode of advertisement is through their blog. Without a doubt, their blog is filled with rich content and the writers are really good. I will be breaking down their blog into 5 components:
The reason we should break down any advertising element into these 5 categories is simple. A blog at the end of the day is to give immense value to your reader's so that they crave for more eventually leading them to purchase your products. Every advertising campaign must hit these 5 elements if you want to make a sale. AIDA - the fundamental sales technique that has been defined for hundred's of years.
A - Attention
A - Action
The modern way of defining AIDA is
PD - Problem definition
AS - Attainable solution
P&C - Proof and Credibility
CTA - Call to Action
A blog is no different. Since it is a form of advertisement it is best to break down a blog in a way that it is nothing more than a sales pitch.
You only have a few seconds to grab the attention of your readers. Your heading should be catchy. It is not supposed to make logical sense, the job of any heading is to grab your readers attention. The best way to grab your readers attention is to define their problem. This is what wpcurve does very well. Their headings is literally an answer to their reader's problems. Look at the below examples.
They define the headings very well. These are problems every blogger has. Their article may not even have the right solution, but you definitely will gravitate to it if this is your problem. Wpcurve is not marketing their blogs to the whole world. Their main target audience is wordpress users. Most wordpress users are either bloggers or selling some products online which makes them a wantrepreneur or entrepreneurs. They have issues marketing their products. Wpcurve understands their client's paint points and writes blogs accordingly.
- Know your audience: Your blog is not for everyone. For those who it is for, make sure you know what problems they are facing.
- Know their PAIN points: You will be able to catch your reader's attention by having a solution to their problem. Use numbers "17 simple edits" , we all like to have a structure, not randomness. Numbers give us the illusion of that structure.
- Picture: Every blog post of wpcurve has an infographic picture. Pictures, videos anything visual that explains the problem will catch your reader's attention. We as humans are very visual. You need to tap into what catches our attention. Play the rules do not defy the rules.
PROBLEM DEFINITION - Understand your reader's pain points
A blog must define an issue what your readers are facing in more details. This will cement the idea that this article has the solution. You want your readers to read your blog. Not just click the link. We are not looking for click baits. We want to give real value to our readers. What better way than to define the problem, define it from multiple angles. The more you know more about your reader's pain points better than they do, you will be perceived as an expert in their mind. This is enough to make them want to read your blog.
Look how wpcurve has defined the problem. They have defined the facebook problem from 4 different angles. At this point, every reader would believe they now will get the solution to this problem as it has been defined more than perfectly.
1. Problems: Define them in bullet form. This makes it more readable.
ATTAINABLE SOLUTION - You have the perfect medicine for their pain points
Provide a great solution to your readers. Every blog must have a good solution. This is what will make them come back for more. Everyone wants a solution because everyone has some sort of problems. There is no limit to human problems. Even if everything is perfect we would all still have a problem. Just the way we are built. As a blogger keep spreading great solutions. If you understand their pain point you will have unlimited blogs to write as there are unlimited problems. Wpcurve does this very well. Look how they define the solution right at the beginning of their blog. The reader now knows what to expect. This is essential, give a preview of what solution your blog post is going to give. You want you readers to read your blog. If they are not captivated, they won't be interested in reading through the blog.
- Solution: Define them in bullet form.
- Define the solution right at the beginning
PROOF & CREDIBILITY - Why should they listen to you? What makes you an expert?
As humans, we are born sceptical. It is a survival mechanism to question if we are safe. As a blogger, we need to make our readers feel safe which is nothing but building trust. You can build trust in a few ways:
- Personal solution: You have faced the problem your self and now have the solution
- Researched solution: You know of someone who has faced a similar problem and found a solution.
- Consistency: You need to blog regularly and consistently. This will build trust in the long run.
Wpcurve, do their research and they do it very very well. If you want to build your audience trust take some time to research on how you are going to give a great solution. Build your solution over a lot of proof and credible source. These are fundamentals in any sales. You only will buy from a trusted source. The least one can do as a blogger is to make your content very credible.
Wpcurve posts a blog every week. This is essential to building trust.
- Research: Research your solution very well. Use trusted sources to build trust.
- Frequency of blog posts: Post regularly. This will not only expand your knowledge, building a good habit but will also build your credibility.
- Length does not matter: The length of your blog post does not matter. What matter is if you have done a good research, and your content is filled with pictures videos and engaging snippets.
- Attach a lot of media: Wpcurve inserts a lot of media files. This makes the blog engaging, attractive and in the reader's mind building trust.
CALL TO ACTION - After reading through your blog what should your readers do next?
Every blog must have a call to action. Every advertisement is designed to sell a product or service. Your blog is no different. Are you selling your other articles, are you selling your product, are you selling a service, do you want to capture your reader's information? Whatever it is, you need to present it to your readers. Let's see how Wpcurve does it.
- Every blog must trigger an action element for your reader's: Give your readers something to do after they finish reading your blog. If you are not giving any actions to take you won't have a successful blog
Wpcurve is a great example of a very successful blog. Breaking down how other blogs work is equally important to make your blog a success. Learn how they are doing things, why they are doing it and how you too can implement some basic concepts to make your blog very successful. I did not go through their writing style. This is something you can research more into. How they narrate the problem and solution. Writing mastery is important, that will be a heading for another blog.